Thread: BCL 2018
View Single Post
Old April 13, 2018, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Where is tushar going to bat though? You can say similar of Naeem, they are both middle order bats though so unless they take out mushy, shakib or riyad there isn't many places for them. Open spots are mainly up the top in the test xi.

There's probably 1 spot open in the top 7 because I'd say tamim, Liton, mominul, mushy, shakib and riyad are probably locked in. Now if they want Liton to bat up top they' might give the gloves back to mushy or bring in nurul who's been going pretty well himself with the bat.

Thing is with tamim, mushy, shakib and riyad do they want another elder statesman or do they want to inject some youth.

I think they really need to give some experience to youngsters when they can while mushy, tamim, shakib and riyad are still around because they'll possibly all retire around the same time and the team will be stuffed if there is barely any youngsters with experience.

This is why I think it's important to give mominul (he's earned it anyway imo), Liton and shanto a long rope. ,it might even be worth doing the same with nurul if it's true that he's so much better with the gloves than anyone else, his batting will probably come along nicely giving him experience from the age of 24 rather than say at 28 or 30.

As far as seniors, who's going to be dropped? Riyad on stats is probably the worst but he's also clearly within the plans of the team with leadership roles being given to him.

Don't forget tushar isn't ensured success so you've got to weigh up whether it's worth dropping a current senior for him or overlooking a youngsters in the chance that tushar will succeed.