View Single Post
Old May 16, 2005, 04:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

After the first two days against Sussex, we have basically had a glimpse of all our players except munir of course. i would think that the only position which is up for grabs now is the number 6 position between nafees and aftab. barring any injuries, i would want to see our likely test XI against northants. the bowlers have found it difficult to find the right line in these pitches and the batsmen have been found wanting against the swinging ball. so, our best players definately need some chance to acclimatize before the Lord's test. if we already decided on our starting XI for the test match why not give all of them more chance for much needed practice.nothing would boost the confidence of our players than some runs and wickets against good opposition.
right now i would pick aftab over nafees as aftab lends us an extra bowling option and i think he would come in pretty handy in these kinds of wickets.But if Nafees has a decent score in the 2nd innings against Sussex and aftab fails again, then nafees should get the nod.so,here's my team for the third match and for the Lord's test

Javed Omar
Nafis Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed/Shahriar Nafees
Khaled Mashud
Mohammed Rafique
Mashrafee Mortuza
Tapash Baisya
Shahadat Hossain