View Single Post
Old June 8, 2010, 09:32 PM
Cricket Guru

( for once) I support the Pm in this step But has any of you seen the news recently? Maybe last night's news? Another family , well a brother was claiming that they were gonna arranging a wedding for his sister and all the money that he's taken lone and jewellery that they bought for the wedding had been burnt!?! and now they're like '"amar boner ki hobey""

MY first impression- umm... maybe they are trying to take advantage of the step taken by the PM, in how she got these ladies married. ektu shondehojonok money hochilo.
But then....I was like.. maybe its true

This fire has burnt down so many people's dreams and hopes.. its really sad and will take a very long time to overcome. Abbu was reading out a story from prothom alo I think it was...and on that day.. a guy was flying to the middle east to work, and his mother didn't go to the airport with him because she didn't want to travel because of her age. So The mother was the only one in the house while the rest of them went to say Goodbye to this guy. When the Family returned form the airport... they saw their house burnt down :'(
I can't imagine what the other guy must have gone through when he had heard the news! It pretty much broke my heart! When I listen/read some of these stories... it is incredibly difficult to fight back tears....

I just hope Bangladesh has learnt a very big lesson from this.