View Single Post
Old April 6, 2011, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
i raised the same issues before of adding more FC teams. i also mentioned about greater districts. but do all the Greater Districts centres have stadiums and adequate facilites ??? they need these facilities for at least host their home games. u dont want jessore to to play their home games at Dhaka, Do you ???

anyway we have to take a long term and short term plan. currently we have 6 teams (rangpur still is not a FC team).

we need to add 6 new FC teams quickly. Could be Bogura, Mymensingh, Faridpur, Ranpur, Jessore Comilla.

i know Bogura, Faridpur and Mymensingh stadiums, not sure about rangpur jessore and comilla.

with the addition of this 6 we can have two divisions of 6 teams. and later we need to add 4 more and thus we can have 16 FC teams in two tiers which i think is enough.

so from next season we need 12 teams in two tires or at least 9/10 in one tier and then in long term need to extend upto 16 in two tiers.
Comilla has a very decent stadium. FC matches used to be held there earlier. Not sure about Rangpur or Jessore though.

Increasing the number of teams is a great idea. We can have div 1 and div 2, similar to county. And we can give the divisional teams the responsibility to make their teams, ie. Dhaka's team will be made by cricket board of Dhaka, where they get their players isn't BCB's headache. This will definitely increase the number of cricket games, and the more games the players play the better they will be equipped for higher levels.