View Single Post
Old November 3, 2006, 09:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Since this had BCS implications I would just put this one in a seperate post.

What a game last night. This is the first time I saw both W Virginia and Louisville this season. Two excellent teams. Lots of high and lows. Turnovers killed W Virginia. They raked up 575 total yards on one of the nations top defenses. Their ground game was too strong. 353 yards in 50 tries averaging 7.1 yards per pop. This is on the third rushing defense in the nation?? (i know they didn't play anyone thus the stat sheets are full of great numbers)

However, one must look at the score and give the props that Louisville deserved. They got 7 points from the defense and 7 points from the special teams. That ultimately led them to a 10 point victory against a team who were ranked ahead of them. Brohm was phenomenal. 354 yards passing and a touch down. The road up ahead is a little bumpy for Louisville. They will face another undefeated team Rutgars. Then finish of the season at Pitt. But at the end of the day they had a great game plan and executed well.

Both of these two teams are good teams but I must say if they were in SEC they would definitely finish the season with a minimum of two losses in the middle of the pack in their division (not even in the conference).