View Single Post
Old April 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

nekre dada, check your own post. I don't want to drag this on.

Avik, it's not really about choosing money over country. I know a couple like gayle and pollard have gone outside the package contracts but with a duffer board like WICB who do not even pay their players on time, what do you expect talented in demand players to do. boards have no right to exploit players under the name of patriotism. this time gayle was dropped from WI team and he was not even informed !! and when he signed up for IPL WICB comes out and announces 'oh, we were considering you for the last matches'. are you sh!tting me ? this is how you treat your no1 player and ex captain ?

other than those two, no player has really chosen IPL over representing country, nor they should.
malinga's injury doesn't allow him to play tests anyway. in earlier times players like him would have just retired. nowadays at least they can extend their career a little with T20 and stuff and earn some money. let's not forget that a cricketer's earning career ends at 40, the time when most people start earning the big bucks.