View Single Post
Old February 27, 2012, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
CK franchise owners should sue BPL. This is not a Mamarbarir Shaatchara league. There's are some hard and fast rules written in black and white.
Black and white er majhe abar kuasha bhab. Kothin law, reading it two ways will read two outcomes. What BPL did first was tie break in a 3 way, now they broke tie 3 way, then extracted the winner, and then tie broke two way with remainder. (Zunaid Bhai, this is like your division by zero!).

So, that is why I said need Arbitrator of Sports from Switzerland.

law:

1st interpretation:
Quote:
According to the by-laws, among the tied teams Barisal, Chittagong and Dhaka, Barisal were in the worst position as regards head-to-head calculations, and so have been eliminated from the semi-finals.
2nd interpretation:
Quote:
2.Three teams - Dhaka Gladiators, Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings are on equal (10) points. Dhaka Gladiators have most wins from meetings with Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings and therefore qualify as the 3rd semifinalist.
3. With Barisal Burners and Chittagong Kings both having one win against each other the 4th qualifier had to be decided on the basis of superior net run rate. Barisal edged ahead of Chittagong on net run rate to become the 4th semifinalist.
If one were to use Occam's razor:
Quote:
Occam's razor, also known as Ockham's razor, and sometimes expressed in Latin as lex parsimoniae (the law of parsimony, economy or succinctness), is a principle that generally recommends that, from among competing hypotheses, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions usually provides the correct one, and that the simplest explanation will be the most plausible until evidence is presented to prove it false.
Then 1st interpretation will be the truth.

High courtey pathaitey hobey. And like the great Bush-Gore tie break, it may harm the cricket. So, I wouldn't dig any more.
It already has harmed the cricket, and for the sake of cricket - let it rest. Solomon type argument dorkar - you know when he said cut the child in half.