View Single Post
Old March 11, 2011, 01:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster11
Srilanka, Australia and Bangladesh are my 3 favorites in the tournament. It was sad to see Lankans lose to Pakistan although they put a brave fight in lower order. Good to see them come back with Zim the other day. I hope Malinga gets back in form soon. Its a treat to watch him bowl those toe crushers! This is probably the most unpredictable World cup with so many ups and downs even involving lower ranked teams.
Thank you, bro.

Sri Lanka is unfortunate to be in Group B in that the path to the Quarter Finals has been a cake walk and that has not prepared them for the business end of the tournament. The game against Australia was turning out to be a good match as Ponting so rightly said, and sadly for all, the match was washed out. In any case, to Sri Lanka's advantage, they take every team seriously; to them a victory against Kenya is as important as a victory over Australia.

In spite of today's loss, if England qualifies for the QFs, they would be more than prepared; then even tonight's loss would not count.

Bangladesh will definitely be in the semis this time. in fact winning the World Cup itself is not an unrealistic dream for them as I type.