View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
at current nasir is the most experienced player who i'd respect the most (the other recent performers who should get respect are guys like robiul, ziaur and gazi and they all have less experience than nasir). he's a great performer in all formats, plays crucial important innings to. mushy was a good leader, not a great tactician but i'd have kept him. since mushy stepped down the only real options i see are shakib or nasir. shakib didn't do as well when he was captain, plus he's had a bit of a rough time bringing his consistency back so would it be a good thing to bring him back as captain? when he was captain he spoke his mind and not all people liked that and shakib couldn't handle it.

imo if someone doesn't respect nasir for his results then they have issues. don't put his age down as a negative, he might be young but he's performing very well in all formats and he has a good head on his shoulders, obviously he's pretty good at handling pressure since his role in the team has a lot to do with pressure and he's done well at the job he was given.

1st choice would be mushy, 2nd? i'd certainly consider nasir.

i don't think tamim, riyad or ash should be anywhere near the conversation for various reasons.
Gowza, I don't disagree with most of what you said, but realize that what you or I think won't impact the decision of the BCB. Even though you or I think Nasir's consistent performances demand respect, do his teammates respect him? I think not. Is Nasir being younger than most of his teammates a barrier in the way of getting that respect? In an ideal world, it shouldn't be, but in reality, it is.

While I don't agree with islam1989's argument, this is the same argument the BCB will make to select Riyad as captain if Mushy decides not to reverse his decision.

I agree with you about Shakib; to add to that, I doubt the BCB will bring Shakib back as skipper.

Our only option right now is to bring Mushy back. Make Nasir his deputy and groom him for a series or two, then hand over the reins to Nasir. IMO, that's the best solution. To repeat an earlier point though, my opinion won't matter in the selection process, and the most likely outcome would be Mushy back as skipper for the next series only and Riyad as skipper after that, or if Mushy refuses altogether, then Riyad as captain after this series is over.