View Single Post
Old November 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=27697
Created by Warwolf couple of months back.

Marketing strategy concerns:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=27550

Another thread were have lots of posts concerning BCB strategy: Warwolf and others
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...reply&p=684751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1st, Thank you for opening a thread like this. I was going to do that myself and pondered all weekend long on few things. You just made my job way easy.

Since dropping x and dropping y is not the answer and members here have more understanding on the players ability, I will focus on somewhere else.

BCB:
The ultimate blame goes to the CEO or to the board of members for any failure (for any organization). You are also accountable. Ranting to improve domestic cricket and looking at the factual information is a failure in the making.

1. Things to ponder:
a) Home court: Currently in National league, Barisal plays their home matches in Bogura, Sylhet plays in Fatullah. You expect people of bogura to support Barisal when there is a match against Rajshahi? What home court advantage does the these two teams enjoy? How are you going to get the crowd invloved? Who is going to watch the four day matches? Let those two teams have their own divisional stadium and improve domestic infra structure.

b) Academy team: Either Fatullah or Bogura can be their permanent home. The facilities are there. Some minor adjustment can be made. Go away from BKSP and Dhanmondi. Those can be used for other purposes.

c) Increase standard of Domestic Cricket: Well if the national players stays out of the domestic cricket (National league) then I suggest add an experienced international player or two (from other countries) in the national league teams.

d) Decentralise Cricket: Each division needs to have their own committee, facility and freedom on getting the players. May be a draft system can be implemented. They need to have their own financial independancy. Get your trusted people, train them and appoint them to different divisions. I am sure there more than six honest person in BCB who can devote their time for their respective divisions (Full-time positions).

e) Number of games: Increase the number of games in National league. May be divide the six teams in two conference. May be they play among the conference more number of matches. And then at the end Finals are played out among each conference teams. This how you create rivalry.

f) Asking help: Australia, NZ, SA, England even in WI; communicate with boards/clubs and if necessary beg to get two players in their teams for one year. May be out of five three would accept. That is total of six players getting valuable experience that they can bring back to the local leagues. Get your egos out of the window. No one will help unless we help ourselves. Be humble and get things done.

How much good can Dollar, Rubel, Shubhashish, Kayes, Sadat be if they get the opportunity. Do not recruit them in the national team early.

Already tired of typing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Adding to my post:

Selectors:
Captain: If I ask you guys to name a captain for your best Pakistan 11 team that you have watched playing, you would all be unanimous and say Imran Khan. Yes, an Oxford graduate who knew the game well to change on the fly according to situation he faced. We don't have any Oxford graduate but at least we can make our captain a student of the game by sending him in to video sessions on how captains reacted in different situations. Posing for ads are all good, but training and preparing the most important person on the field is partially your job too. Help siddons in area please.

BCB:
g) Education: Education is a must for these young boys. Make sure they have some sort of formal education. Specially for the captain. He needs to be sent to training camps on how to conduct himself.

h) Training camps: With Rafique, K Mashud and Habibul Bashar out of the National team, make training camps for young boys in several parts of the country with them conducting the camp. Let our new bowling coach accompany them also.
Finally this net practice method for the national team needs to be changed. 4 and 6 balls are killing bd cricket.

BC's resource is just too much. All one has to do is, a little research.