View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
For a change, he could start accepting return catches.
Yes, he is making a habit of it. Age, eyesight you never know. I went through that age bracket myself and, personal pride etc makes it very difficult to accept that your eyesight has started to deteriorate around that age. It is not that you can't see but as the focus point and length changes subtly , you tend to misjudge positions. I have also noticed that Bashar has been edging balls a lot more than he used to.

When batting, I started missing straight balls and, of course, I immediately blamed it on my eyesight. It could not have been my technique, could it ?

Coming back to Rafique's bowling: his forte is his nagging accuracy. In one day matches that can be frustrating on batsmen who are also prone to take greater risks. Playing against Bangladesh in tests is a lot easier as our opponents are seldom under pressure. Therefore, they can always block out the good balls. Rafique never had any really wicket taking balls. So, now as age has begun to creep up, this inability is becoming apparent.

My view would be to persevere with Enam in the long run. I know he also has problems now but he will overcome those.