View Single Post
Old July 5, 2012, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Yup, I know from my visits there, there is a lot of hate for the Pakistani community there...but Bangladeshis are still looked at as being peaceful(not as well liked as the Indian or specifically the Sikh community - they bloody LOVE them.)

But incidents like this, do irreparable damage to the community. As I said in the Pakistan thread I opened, when stuff like this happens, no one listens to the 99% of the community not involved in this sort of criminality - everyone gets lumped together.

Case in point - NAVO, being in the UK, I'm sure you were aware of all the negative press surrounding the grooming on young white girls by Pakistani men, and the arrests and exposes a month or so ago.
There are very few radicals amongst bangladeshis living in Bangladesh (Same is not true with Pakistan). A lot of them get radicalised when they travel west. I dont know how and why this happens but something is definately wrong with the way religion is being made to preach in the west. Again that is just my view from what I have observed generally....