View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
To be frank, Coach, during your short tenure we only played at home and we only played 2 series (the NZ one and the WC), right? The BanglaWash would skew the winning percentage. We also didn't play a single Test, so we have no idea how the pacers would have behaved. That being said, I'm sure you are well aware of how inept I think the BCB is for not wanting you as HC.

As a simple question, you did mention that financial aspects affect your decisions. Do you think the BCB has enough financial resources to give you the type of contract you would accept for a long term (2-4 year) Head Coaching stint?
Well let me say, you can only beat the teams in front of you. And how many times can you say that Bangladesh wins are skewing results!!!

We played NZ 4 times, Zim 4 times, Ireland, India, England, SA, West Indies and Netherlands. All at home, all ODI's. That was my specific contract, that was my role.

In those 8 matches vs NZ and ZIM, BD won 7 and ended 2010 as the top team in ODI world cricket on form, along with India. Yes the first, amazing clean sweep ever against a Top 8 team did make for positive stats!

Your second point is a moot one, because the BCB do not seek me out as a Head Coach. I am sure they have enough money within the hallowed halls of the SNBS corridors, if they chose to do so. There's always a disconnect between what people are prepared to pay and what they can afford though.

Unlike most coaches, I am not specifically seeking employment as I have a lucrative and successful coaching business. But that doesn't mean the right role and the right price, wouldn't be of further interest.

I am always interested in projects and very keen as I have always said, on setting up a brilliant pace academy in Bangladesh. But it requires funding and commitment.