View Single Post
Old April 9, 2011, 10:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
If Australia scores 200 we will score 140/4 in 50 overs. Our players don't have the intent to win, they only care about personal milestone brainwashed by Siddons.

@Rifat - Did you watch the match? I think you just checked the scorecard in cricinfo after the game was over.

I disagree! I call this improvement because two years ago, when we played new zealand and we restricted to 212 and we still failed to win(2nd ODI, october 2008) if we batted like yesterday in that game we probably would have won easily, because we took very few risks while we batted yesterday! while two years ago, there was absolutely no batting gameplan!

I did see the match.until the 40th over. then i fell asleep!

When Tamim and Shakib did had the intent to win, the moment they tried to slog a shot to the boundary they got out! Had they tried that earlier, They would have gotten out earlier and we would have ended up with around 170ish!

secondly, Most of the players are currently out of form, most of them have not gotten a fifty in the last 6 or 5 ODI's. That's why they didn't take that risk of trying that "extra shot" against quality bowling. the truth of our strength is being exposed because we consistently play weaker opponents like Zimbabwe far too often(even then we lose one here and there) now the true reality of our batting strength is being exposed.

another problem is that most of the time in the run chase, there were too many dot balls, which created the extra pressure.

If we compare Bangladeshi batsmen with Australian batsmen, there is a MASSIVE gap in experience, shot selection, and the ability to handle pressure. Australian batsmen many a times in the innings took sixes of good deliveries, they know how to find the gap scoring off good deliveries, our batsmen(majority of them) can't simply do that. this is where the difference lies and this is where those extra 40 runs( i say 40 runs because we did give them 30 extra runs i think from poor bowling!) difference come from! to be able to get to that level of scoring off good deliveries consistently for over a year, our boys need to play more quality cricket. our players come to international cricket not as prepared as they should be. majority of these players made it to the national team because they had good success in the U-19 team. this is what happens when we expect a cat to do a tiger's job. sometimes they will bite(Anher bro's avatar ) other times they will go to sleep.

Reality Bites: Fans can't handle the truth!