View Single Post
Old February 20, 2011, 02:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

just to clarify:

I am not interested in results per se (although that is the ultimate objective, obviously)...right now, as a developing team beginning to form an identity (which we did not have in 2007), i'm interested in the process. Its the "outside the box" thinking that will please me, no matter how disasterous it might in the short run.

Perfect example is the toss decision. Coach, you were not here a year ago, but at that time we played a D/N against India at Mirpur, and the day after complaining about dew, Shakib won the toss and inexplicably chose to bat first citing "if India bats first they'll score 350".

Yesterday, Shakib won the toss and chose to field. I think this was the right call. We just couldn't implement it, and thats fine. Even the great Aussies lost games, they weren't perfect. Who are we to expect perfection?

That was a good move. But the hesitency to take the PP was made all the more ironic and inexplicable because both Shakib and Tamim got out with aerial shots trying to get boundaries, and at least Shakib's dismissal could have been avoided had a PP been taken.

#OneTeam1Dream