View Single Post
Old August 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
So, 'coaching' isn't important? only verbal style of the coach that matters? I would rather take a non-screaming coach who is willing to teach, than a screaming 'task master' who doesn't know how to teach.

Also, please keep in mind, that the transitional period that we are passing at the moment in terms of players and their young age, its important that the coach knows the fundamentals and properly channels that to the players.

But, JS must do something with bowling. If he can't, he should just let the BCB know about it, so we can make arrangements. The situation is dire.
I beg to differ. We need a task master as well as a teacher a la McInnes. I do not agree with the second para. we are not in transitional stage. we had a set team. Old enough to represent the next two W/C and almost all the players have enough experience to play with big boys. But our so called coach is in transitional period not the team. DW can claim that. With the exception of HB and Rafiq we have the same team as was in our glory days of 2007. Our coach is busy taking vacation and suing ACB. Agree with the last para. But if have not yet inform BCB, it shows that he is incompetant; afaraid of letting his employer that he is not an expert on that field.