View Single Post
Old March 20, 2014, 12:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

It's suicides from out batsmen than anything else that caused the loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Hey guys I think you guys are over reacting to the loss. I have few points to make

1. HK is not as bad a team as many of you are taking them. Remember they qualified for T20 WC and then in WCQ finished in Top 4 getting ODI status till 2018. Only 6 teams have ODI status- Ire, Afg, UAE, Scot, HK & PNG
2. They finished ahead of teams like Can, Ken, Neth in the tournaments
3. They are not a expat side. You might see South Asian names but infact majority of the players in the team have played U15, U19 for HK, hence the cricketers have learned the game in HK itself
4. They are 1 of the 2 Associates which have Multi Day cricket in their domestic tournament
5. They have decent facilities in HK- Remember HK sixes, they always have a HK team and these players play against the best players in that tournament
6. Last, I know many of you will pounce on me for that, BD are better than Associates but not so better that they will win 10 out of 10 times. Against Afg, Ire will would say 7 out 10 times, against others 9 out of 10 times. So you have to give the team this much liberty

Most of the year BD have an empty calender. I hope BCB starts to invite the Associate teams for ODI and Four Day matches. This will help team to experiment a lot, and get it's bench ready when facing the so called Big 8. That is all I have to say. Don't kill me for that