View Single Post
Old July 17, 2012, 12:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Interesting that under current BAL supporter ideation, he would probably be considered an extremist Khilafaat-ist, at the least, and an actual terrorist at the worst. Its interesting how politics shifts and morphs in the subcontinent (Jinnah starting out as a Congress man).
Bro, you know I love you and all that. You're one of my favorite people here and I'm really looking forward to meeting you. So PLEASE don't take this the wrong way

A little less handed down, misguided assumption and a little more research is always good, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the history of Bangladesh. Wikipedia is always a good place to start. The Khilafat Movement of the 1920s was a short lived, Pan Islamic protest movement seeking to preserve the Ottoman Empire after WWI. In South Asia, even Gandhi was an active supporter.

READ MORE.

As you can see, that Khilafat Movement had nothing to do with the current Islamist Khilafat Movement, I call it Islam's own Zionism, seeking to establish a totalitarian (euphemistically called "consensus") global state imposing a particular brand of Sharia on its citizens.

Interesting that GOD Himself tells Muslims that there cannot be any political imposition of religious law because "there is NO COMPULSION in religion (2:256)". Maybe that's why the Holy Prophet (PBUH) himself established a non-theocratic state, even secular according to guys like Thomas Jefferson, in Medina through the Medina Charter. Maybe that's why Islam avoided theocracies and maintained a clear separation of religion and state for 14 centuries before the advent of Wahabi KSA, Pakistan, Islamic Republic of Iran and Talibani Afghanistan. The fact that GOD also prohibits partners and proxies to do His bidding (3:56) may also be a reason. Shirk is evil, especially under the guise of external piety, righteous indignation and arrogant conflation of mutually exclusive things. Then again, the disturbingly deviant and the irretrievably dumb simply don't care about what GOD has to say.

BTW, the late Maolana was not a political Islamist in any way, shape or form. Even the most shallow research would reveal that. In fact he was the one who dropped the word "Muslim" when "Awami Muslim League" became "Awami League", no doubt an enemy party to thinly veiled Bangalistanis everywhere because of its unrivaled leadership throughout our, BANGLADESH'S struggle for freedom.

Anyway, I come from a family of Maolana admirers, all of my uncles and aunts did Chhatro Union during the 50s and the 60s. My father did too before an encounter with Tajuddin made him switch to Chhatro League before going to the PMA in Kakul. A polemicist and agitator par excellence, the Maolana lost of lot of his credibility and support when he decided to initially support BAKSAL in principle, the first time the Constitution was usurped in Bangladesh, before becoming critical of it when BAKSAL went after primarily pro-Chinese, left-leaning dissidents. He reportedly cried when he first heard the news, but then actually congratulated Mushtaq after the murder of Sheikh Shaheb and his family amongst others.

While I acknowledge his political contribution to my country and have no issues with the idea that even great people can be flawed on occasion, I am not a fan of the Red Maolana at all for his support of totalitarian Marxist regimes worldwide, and turning an utterly blind eye to the grotesque human rights violations there while incessantly spouting "anti-imperialist" vitriol. Ignorance is no excuse when it comes to unmitigated hypocrisy and double standards because of the adherence to a particular ideology.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 18, 2012 at 03:03 AM..