View Single Post
Old August 30, 2004, 03:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Hi

I didn't realize how anxious you all were to get the result today. I put the scorecard on to help out just after the tea interval, when it became clear that due to the hacker, live scores wouldn't be possible.

I was covering the game for BBC Radio so couldn't give you further internet updates until after the conclusion of the game. The other report you got was dictated by me to a Press Association reporter.

I didn't appreciate the calls to my workplace, which is an American Chemical company, and my colleagues know or care nothing about cricket.

I have taken a few pictures for the website of the MOM, the Bangladesh team and the bowlers. I will post these on the Irish website in the next day or two. If you know what the e mail address of the guy who runs the Bangladesh website, I'll forward him a few pictures.

You should remember that the associate countries get paid a pittance for running their websites, unlike the Test countries. I am an unpaid volunteer who is holding down a full time job outside of cricket.

Back to the cricket - Very impressed with the Bangladesh fielding - very quick and they caught well. Mahmud and Rafique bowled superbly. I have a feeling that your batsmen will struggle in the UK conditions.

Barry Chambers
Editor CricketIreland