View Single Post
Old June 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The thing that bothers me of naeem is that he did get some chances of playing a pretty long innings but he played very sluggishly and eventually getting out..some games he did get and he ended up scoring very few..he ended up even opening once and he got out in a very unresponsible manner..I actually thought when the team needed quick runs he was a very good player..when you get limited chances you really do have to capitalize..I agree though that he needed 2 get more chances at the top to see what he's got but just wanted to point out that he came in at times when the team needed him to rebuild the innings and he played sluggishly like roqibul..

Your definitely spot on with Roqibul and that's why he's not ready for test cricket..even for ODIs that limitation will hurt him but hopefully he improves and I'm confident he can..I think he doesn't sight the ball early enough because hes just not up to pace with the best bowlers..but once its mediocre bowlers he plays comfortably..I think with time he will improve..
i am aware of what you are saying about naeem, my point is i think that him being made to play as a #8 and a bowling allrounder has had a bad influence on his attitude when going into bat. this is a young player we are talking about, early on in his career and i'm beginning to think that playing him as a #8/bowling allrounder rather than a top 6 batsman like he should be, has had a bad influence on his mental development as a batsman.

like you said he's had chances to rebuild and play longer innings and we know he's capable of playing long grafting innings as well as quickfire innings so i'm thinking it's the mental development that isn't being handled properly which is what is causing his attitude issues when it comes to batting.

that's why i said maybe it's better off he's not in the team, personally i want him developed more as a batsman than allrounder, if he's going to bat at #8 and it's having a bad effect on his development then i don't want him playing in the team, i just don't want him ruined, he's got too much potential.