View Single Post
Old February 14, 2009, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
very risky thoughts!
we really need to concentrate and steer our domestic cricket on 4 day matches and constantly and agressively stay alive to play test matches! and we can play a lot of ODIs alongside as well. but we need to learn to play looong innings...or else we are doomed...which we already kind of are!
we need to be very careful around events/matches like hongkong kung-fu 6/6 or even world 20/20s because these directly effect the skill and mental processing of the same players that play 4/5 day matches! we already have a very fragile/soft heart/stamina which is otherwise very beautiful poetic and romantic and not at all bad! but man we need to bat long innings, in hot sun, two days in a rwo, 16+ hours! we need to be sun-burned, bilster-fingured and stink of runs like seasoned batsmen!
Javed bhai'er kon galey agey ami chuma dibo? Right or left? Right it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire_x86
It is 100% assumption, unless you have solid proof. Ash/Aftab played substantial amount of international cricket when there was no T20 to blame. They still didn't learn.
There lies my proof. They never learned how to play in test innings. Hence Aftab's name is associated with Boom boom. The knock against England Ash is nothing but a T20 innings knock. You don't have to play T20 to learn that ura-dhura game.
Quote:
Afridi was performing poorly in other formats before IPL 2008 (by his standards of course, once in a while jhore-bok match winning cameos weren't coming). He failed in IPL as well. But most of the top performers in IPL 2008 carried their good form to other formats of the game in domestic/international cricket (Example: Shaun Marsh, Yusuf Pathan, Shane Watson).
Were these players brought up in our Domestic cricket? But even for the aguement sake, how many tests these guys played? As I said before, our boys haven't learnt how to play the longer version of the game.
Quote:
It was a sequential list (and not claimed as fact).
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
May be you are right about NBA, As you know better than me.
I didn't wanted to discuss this matter but since you think with all out offense (in batting = T20 style) we can be any good in test then think again.
Major team sports
American Football (checked)
Basketball (checked) (in any general game, 50%+ of the time players fail to score, garanteed)
Baseball (checked)
Rugby (checked - need i say more)
Ice Hockey (checked). And here the teams are in similar strenght.

Beloved Football (checked). While playing any team ranked above 50, if we play attacking football, how many goals we will concede? 10 or 20? You liked that instead of 3/4 gaols margin?

Hockey (field) (checked). Lets play against the top 10 teams and play aggressively. Same scenario will occor as football. Wait we concede 18 goals against Pakistan anyways.

Our cricket is under the same scenario. We are playing teams who are far better and their new generations come up under different environment so they know how to play test before coming in to the team. Thus comparing with them is futile for us.
+++
Since the cards were dealt in a way, that we have no other choice to be defensive with our test cricket and protect it if we want to stay in the game or play another hand. For Bangladesh, emphasizing more on T20 will bring disaster. Soon we will lose the tours we are enjoying now.
+++
I still encourage you guys to bring up any match situation where T20 can help in test. I ain't as rigid as you think.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; February 14, 2009 at 08:48 AM..