View Single Post
Old March 26, 2007, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Our batsmen lacks analytical thought process when they are out there on the field and probably outside the field. They just go out there in the field and play their natural game, but there is a lot more things to learn and adopt in cricket if you want to become a professional international cricketer. They have basic raw talent, but they are not willing to learn and apply the mental aspects of cricket.

That day I saw Jaysuriya standing outside the crease to prevent Mashrafee and Rasel do any kind of movement with the ball. That is what a batsman is supposed to do, kill the swing before it swings, stay outside the crease, play front foot, middle the ball and hit it straight.

Also they can opt for ground shots, instead of hitting up in the air, rotate strike and look for building a partnership, but the two openers and Aftab are not looking for partnerships, they play on their own especially Tamim just trying to slog and make runs on his own. They need to go out there as a team playing for each other, giving each other strike and so on. If they focus on how to rotate strike and give my other fellow the strike, they will improve a lot as a cricketer. If Tamim and Aftab likes to blast, then they should show us that they are also capable of hitting it on the ground more easily than up in the air.
Good post. I was thinking exactly the same thing. They should have learn from Jayasurya. The balls were not that fast yesterday. I was wondering what was on the pitch? These bowlers never had prodigious movements like that before.