View Single Post
Old June 22, 2004, 09:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by billah

Bangladesh should wholeheartedly support Zimbabwe in defending it's Test Status. We should support any way we can to help them fend off these englandian propaganda against them, specially in regards to cricket. Throughout this turmoil, Zimbabwe cricket is finally becoming representative of the millons of Zimbabweans. A large group of powerful cricketers are now finally getting their fair shot at the game of their dreams, now that the era of racial monopoly of the game is over. This new generation of talents are improving fast. They no longer have to settle for rubbish like "you are good but just not as good as us" or, "work within the system, may be, one day you will be better". I'm so glad that chubby(HS) has been shown the door. This is the new dawn for the FIRST powerful cricketing nation in Africa( since SA cricket is not represented by the africans). We should help them and support Zimbabwean cause as much as possible.
I second it man. Zimbs native black players need to make up for their lost time in cricket. Don't forget these same English who are so vocal about this "racism" now - DID NOT say a word for decades (in fact supported) white racism towards native black people.

At the end racism is not acceptable by any means however sometimes if you are put down for a while you need extra support just like "affirmative action" in US.

Personally I think this "Test Status" system itself is a obstacle for growth of cricket world wide. This protectionism caused cricket to grow at a lot slower pace compare to many other sports.