View Single Post
Old August 7, 2003, 12:38 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Orph:
Sorry for the delay in replying. Its a long post, but please do bear with me.

Yes I am aware of the RSA encryption. By the way as far as I know, most recent cracked RSA number was 64 bit encryption.

eWeek.com: Team Cracks RSA Encryption Challenge

There is no 129 bit encryption. There is 128bit, 256bit, 512bit encryption etc (in power of 2). The level of encryption used by your internet browser to send encrypted data over the internet is 128 bit(click on Help - About to see encryption level). Now a days though most sensitive data uses 512 bit encryption or higher. There is a new challege from XBOX hacking community. If you can break the Microsoft's 2048 bit encryption of XBOX program data signature then you make quite a sum $100,000.

The Neo Project

Aside from that I fully understand and accept the premise of collective "effort". The reason I put the word effort in quotes is that there must be an EFFORT to overcome the laws of probablity. If there is no effort then the probability law holds.

Quote:
"Distributed.net, a collection of more than 331,000 volunteers who lent their machines' idle processing power to the effort, solved the challenge posed in 1997 by RSA Laboratories, the research arm of RSA Security Inc. It took nearly four years, a search through 15,769,938,165,961,326,592 keys and processing power roughly equivalent to nearly 46,000 2GHz AMD Athlon machines for the team to find the correct key."
Quoted from eWeek.com article link given above
Let us understand why RSA encryption was broken so quickly. With collective (distributed computing) effort on decryption algorithm, the probability of getting the correct number increases rapidly. Because everytime you try to generate a new number you know which seed won't work from previous attempts and so you don't try those seeds. If you didn't have this knowledge you will be faced with repeated number of same seed and same number. And here is the primary difference between "pure natural order" and a "posteriori order" (posteriori=knowledge from previous experiences).

From evolutionist point of view there is no external (deliberate) interferece in natural order. Therefore all natural systems are "priori system". This is the reason why one cannot compare probablities that refers to human works and probalities that refer to pure natural works. If there wasn't any collective effort then the RSA 64bit encryption would most likely never be broken.

Quote:
You do understand how lame that author's argument is right? What kind of backing for God is this, why not have a universe w/o carbonThese sorts of question-type arguments are done by idiots.
The reason I posted the that small article was not to show God's existance but to show that there is an external force at work and there is a deliberate wish to create life. By the way, the formation of carbon is quite intruiging indeed. You have to understand how hard it is to fuse an atom if they are not stable. Fusion of H to He occurs in sun due to extraordinary stability of He at those extreme temperature. For that very reason formation of Carbon is very unlikey. I thought the article was very clear about that. Question/answer method of writing is probably this writer's way of writing. That doesn't overshadow the fact of extraordinary effort that is required to create one single atom of Carbon.

Quote:
There are also some interesting arguments regarding the existence of lifeĀ…arguments on many fundamental numbers of the laws of science
I agree. There is a deliberate attempt all over this planet to create life. The air pressure, temperature (such a short range of temperature supports life thats just amazing), water cycle, seasonal changes and photosynthesis of plant (one of the most amazing thing in nature). Just amazing to think about how plant would figure out a way to convert sun's light into food. A perfect life would have self food creation system like plants and mobility like animal. That would have given it full control over the planet. Sadly that type of life never evolved on this earth. Wonder why natural selection didn't select best of both world?

Quote:
I believe that Universe was created by God and is left alone to run by itself with all its sets of laws.
I beg to differ. God is active all over the world. Without His authorization nothing can happen. God is in Full Control.

(Quran 35:11)
GOD created you from dust, then from a tiny drop, then He causes you to reproduce through your spouses. No female becomes pregnant, nor gives birth, without His knowledge. No one survives for a long life, and no one's life is snapped short, except in accordance with a pre-existing record. This is easy for GOD.

(Quran 13:8)
GOD knows what every female bears, and what every womb releases, or gains. Everything He does is perfectly measured.

(Quran 6:59)
With Him are the keys to all secrets; none knows them except He. He knows everything on land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls without His knowledge. Nor is there a grain in the depths of the soil. Nor is there anything wet or dry, that is not recorded in a profound record.

You may ask then why do we have a choice to have a child whenever we want? Well, you may wish to have a child and have sex but you cannot have a child unless its authorized. Doesn't matter how hard you try, ultimately you are left to mercy of God. And the choice to have a child or do anything is a responsibility given to us due to something we did before, some act of transgression!

(Quran 33:72) We have offered the responsibility (freedom of choice) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they refused to bear it, and were afraid of it. But the human being accepted it; he was transgressing, ignorant.

And no, clonning doesn't mean you created a new life. You can create a new life only when you can create a Zygote that will reproduce and create a whole living system.

=============================

My posts on this thread is indeed to expose the fallasy and common misconception held about the theory of evolution. Our world is so much media centric that one cannot grasp the truth unless one seeks it with certain amount effort and hardship. Media and so called majority of "modern" man loves the theory of evolution not because it is the most scientifically sound hypothesis, but rather because he feels he has explained/detailed a world where no one is controlled or answerable to any higher power. It is sad that people often refers that science and religion cannot stay together. In saying so man forgets man's original quest to study science! Original quest of science started thousands of years ago to explain the creation of God. To marvel at the magnificence of this creation. It is not man who is creating the new ideas of science, it is God who created the quarks, the protons, the elections, the atom, the fusion, the fission, the matter, the anti-matter, you, me and 6 billion others human and trillion other living system on this tiny planet. And we still want to rival God's Authority with websites like infidel.org . How sad indeed.

I truely hope I have not offended anyone. I am here for the same reason you are here. To discuss ideas. No one can force anyone to believe in anything. But we can always discuss. That is the essence of knowledge.

(Quran 17:36)
You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.