View Single Post
Old October 2, 2006, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The undisputed #1 is Ohio state (for now).
Auburn and USC both are trailing and had to work hard to preserve a one touchdown lead. In the battle of Techies, Va tech was exposed by the visiting Ga Tech. Florida rolled over Bama, LSU, Notre Dame, Clemson, Cal, Michigan was impressive. Miami, Georgia and Nabraska barely made it through the end. Michigan State did not come to play and was in the receiving end of the biggest upset of the season and lost to Illinois. Oregon trying to justify their rankings by beating Arizona State. Texas waiting for Oklahoma. TCU lost its longest winning streak in the Div I.

Next weeks matchups:
Florida (5) hosting LSU (9) big game for the SEC. Undefeated florida facing may be the best defense in NCAA this year.
Texas (7) visiting Oklahoma (14). Well Sam Houston State is no Oklahoma. Is this the year for the sooners? Certainly with a backup Quarterback it will be hard. I would see A. Peterson running all day long right and left.
Michigan (6) vs Michigan State. Rivalry, need I say more. With the loss to Illinois the whole anticipated matchup became a very ordinary one. Can Michigan keep their focus.
Tennessee (13) at Georgia (10). Both team to me are over-rated. I would love to see a bulldog victory. Afterall they are the undefeated team and at home.
Oregon (11) visiting Cal (16). This is too close to call. May be Oregon still stays undefeated.

Other matches which has significance interest:
Washigton (4-1) Tyrone Williams's team are doing great. They have already doubled last years wins. But matching up with USC is something less. USC by 20.
Arkansas visiting Auburn (2). Minimum of 3 touchdowns wins by Auburn to regain some votes and confidence. Arkansas has the weapons but lack experience. Two years from now this will be a good game.
Nabraska (22) going to Iowa State. The cyclones can bite the Corn Huskers if they are not ready.
Arizona vs UCLA.
South Carolina vs Kentucky
Navy vs Air Force
Purdue at Iowa (19)