Thread: Golf
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2008, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

The Great debaters....keep the forum alive...
I don't know how it happened though because I have to read each and every single quotes to find out the origination of this debate. But whoever iniatiated got a take lot of pride of making and justifying their arguments. I guess for Arnab, he might be right of how he perceives Golf a game. Golf is not for everybody. You won't be seeing a scientist having luxury playing Golf and take it as profession. So, per Arnab, Golf might be game only rich westerners can afford to play. So if we know that its for the rich, why bother following it or even criticizing it. How can you justify a sportsman making millions of dollars where intellectual society working rest of their lives without millions.
per TE bhai, the game is majestic and tiger woods made it a great interesting games. Nothing wrong with that. It is still a professional sport where players play different tournaments. The space is not an issue in big western countries, so why complain about this game which takes up spaces. If it is played in Dhaka, that's different. Also this majestic game requires majestic way of approaching the game with time to think like a majestic, walk like a rich, roam like a rich. Nothing wrong with that, who knows if TE or Arnab will be one of them one day probably they will forget about this discussion in BC cricket.