View Single Post
Old October 3, 2006, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Hoito amar dik thekey wrong timing but isn't this a reflection of some of our bengali mentality. Hartal deke innocent pathochari r rikshawallah der bedhorok petano, gari/dokan paat bhongchur kora to nitto din er ghotona. police er panda gulo to okhan thekei aashche, thik na ?
Here's a quick link to: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/03/d6100301107.htm
Here's another unrealted one: http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/04/d6100401011.htm

Ebar asha jaak ei ghotonai - I may have missed it but on the index section (dailystar), I have not seen any news that shows ANY of the 'leaders' (Hasina, Khalida, Ershad, bhondo Rajakar) condemning the incident. Not that I am surprised or anything. You'd think Hasina would jump on this if only for the negative campaign opportunity against khaleda's bnp. They take to streets when their 'Chatra NETAs and kormis' get beat up for actually attacking the police and here we have some gutless police goons beating up a national hero and some of our dedicated (shooting is the only sport that we have done somthing, aside from cricket) sportmen/women. Where's the outrage from them ?
Can't expect that AL will condemn or protest against this barbaric incident. They did not fight for the human rights situation, electricity crisis or anything like this. They could easily make these things as a national issue but they have not. They are always busy with the hartal and stuff. So what the responsibility of a democratic party?

After all I would say these all things are the result of a moral degradation which has been happening to us for last several decades. We can overcome this situation only then when we get our moral natures back, but again it will take time to build up a good moral image. We gotta be really patient and have to work hard.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ