View Single Post
Old May 12, 2007, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Well, I dont think any sane person should expect that Aftab, Mushfiq, Tamim would be in the test squad. They are by no mean for 5 day matches. Mushfiq/Tamim was non-existent before this world cup. Aftab knows well that he can only score.. Test cricket, is not about how much you can score. Its more about sessions, innings, strategy and patience. Quitting the lecture, I think the fact that Raj is not there should be the question...But really, we dont have any others that qualifies better for the test squad. Though, I would want to see Mehrab jr. in the final 11.
Defensive batting does not mean good test batting. In most cases, aggressive batting is the best kind of test batting. Our best day in the test cricket did not came from defensive batting.

In tests, batsmen get better reward for their shots. Without any pressure of maintaining RR, aggressive batsmen are more likely to be successful in test cricket. Almost every test batting great was agressive batsman.

JO is not test class. Mehrab jnr didn't do really well in the A team matches. Bashar and SN is out of form. I don't understand how can they justify leaving out all 3 of Tamim, Mushfiq Aftab out of the squad.