View Single Post
Old December 8, 2010, 06:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva
Default Pont Named As World's Best Cover Boundary Fielder by Nasser Hussain

PUNE (INDIA), Dec 7 : Bangladesh’s bowling coach, Ian Pont, was named in the World’s Best Fielding XI by former England captain Nasser Hussain this week. Hussain, now a commentator on SKY SPORTS, chose a team of the world’s best fielders by position in what he described as “My Perfect XI”. And Pont was in as ‘Boundary Rider’ alongside some of the most illustrious fielders in the history of the game. Pont was chosen to be on the cover boundary with England’s James Anderson on the mid-wicket fence. Alongside Pont and Anderson, Hussain chose Jack Russell (wicket-keeper), Ricky Ponting (first slip), Mark Waugh (second slip), Jacques Kallis (third slip), Jonty Rhodes (backward point), AB de Villiers (Cover), Herschelle Gibbs (mid-wicket), Paul Collingwood (square leg) and David Boon (short leg).
The 49 year-old Pont, currently coaching in the middle of the Bangladesh-Zimbabwe series was humbled by the accolade. “It is really something to be recognised by a Test legend within a team of international greats. I was reading the list and saw my own name in it. I was the only person I had never heard of”, he joked.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/spor...r-fielder.html