View Single Post
Old July 18, 2004, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by the_wall

One of the major reasons why Bangladesh has been struggling to compete at international level is due to lack of domestic competition and uncertainity of the path required to be followed in order to make it to the National team.
Well I don't agree BCB have any uncertainty about our cricket future. I admit BCB was aware of the necessity to re-build the infrastructure of domestic cricket only after we got test status in 2000. Since then they put more effort to introduce longer version of domestic cricket thru national leagues. Since then they have been breeding youngsters with in 15, 17 and 19 age group. In fact I am very much optimistic with our under-19 young bloods. They are being nurtured to the right path under foreign coaches and the right decision was taken to send them to England to play some practice matches. 3 of our junior cricketers were being sent to Australia(one of them was Dhiman Ghosh, if i am not mistaken)for training.

These are not the end for the "uncertainty of the path" you mentioned. We have BKSP, a core sports training school in Bangladesh, from where our new talent leggie Abdur razzak Raz was emerged. BCB has taken the step to hunt for fast pacers from even remote corner of our country. BCB has arranged special training for our local umpires, since quality umpiring is also a part of developing the infra structure of cricket.

I don't think we should reconcile Bangladesh failure in international level with lack of "uncertainty of the path required to be followed" etc. Bangladesh is heading to the right direction. It has only been 4 years since this developing process was seriously taken care of. And the result of this ongoing process is there. Look at the BD performance since last Australia tour. We are clearly developing! New talents are on the queue to join in international arena. I have all the reason to believe that there is certainty of path Bangladesh has been following. Give us 5 more years, and trust me, we fans will be enjoying the fruit of this positive path.