View Single Post
Old March 6, 2014, 04:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I think we are over-analyzing the averages of our bowlers. Razzak did get over 100 wickets at a reasonable rate against the top sides. Even the great bowlers did get a lot of wickets and great batters piled on the runs against "weaker" teams during the course of their careers. This should not be seen as less of an achievement. It all adds to the overall stats. And, thats how the record works. Selective analysis is an elitist approach, in my mind.

And, about the variations, again, we are putting too much into it. Shakib as a SLA has a lethal arm ball and he can turn the ball, too. That makes him more than threatening. If he maintains discipline and tight line and length he will get buckets load of wickets. As successful as he has been I still think Shakib could tighten up his bowling by cutting out that pressure releasing boundary ball per over. He does tend to bowl short and wide regularly...like Lalla´s one down the leg. If he sticks to the basics diligently he will -inshaallah- end up as one of the greats.