View Single Post
Old January 27, 2014, 07:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Fair weather fans like the OP are disgrace to all the pain, suffering, and sleepless nights the real fans go through to support the team. This thread is spitting on the nation no different than some folks dangling from a noose recently.

Shame.
You can insult me as much as you want but you cannot deny facts.

Fact is that our players need understand how test cricket really is to be played. Yes it was an off day for us, but it did expose some of the important things like how weak our top order is, and the urge for the batsman to score big runs. Gazi was trying to play hero, and Robiul being a no. 10 wanted to shield a no. 11 batsman who scored a six the over earlier!

Fair weather fan or not, I always try my best to follow all the matches of Bangladesh. Even when we lost to Zimbabwe by a mamoth margin, I watched the ENTIRE test match despite the agony. As a fan I have right to criticize the team, especially when fans have sacrificed so much only to see the team win only 4 matches, that too against Zimbabwe and a WI-B graded team. I have nothing against our ODI performance because we performed well in ODIs, while we are starting to be competitive in T20. It hurts when we are performing like this during crucial moments.