View Single Post
Old January 27, 2014, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This thread comes to me as no surprise in light of our history as a British created ruling class of self-loathers. Unless I'm being a total emo and taking things totally out of context just to channel my inner biatch in a public forum of and for Bangladesh cricket fans, I simply cannot see the connection between "deserving" the test status, and predictably sucking in this particular format of the sport. We're not the first ones to be bundled out for a paltry total, and aren't likely to be the last.

That being said, this type of puerile and trigger happy bullshite from our haters should've been expected in light of our appalling test record since getting the status. BCB has systematically neglected the qualitative development of FC in favor of a local, shorter format league with uberpredictable results. Playing picnic cricket on flat tracks where the likes of Mohammad Nazimuddin score"FC" double hundreds and bowlers get sissified into submission won't do it for us. Being India or Sri Lanka-type home condition bullies won't either because eventually we have to play on bouncier tracks and compete.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 29, 2014 at 04:30 AM..