View Single Post
Old April 10, 2005, 06:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
not again ... o ye who urge to debate ... the proper thread is "Power of Mind"

Personally speaking, if the image of Mary or Christ appears on a piece of toast, I consider _that_ to be a sign of the presence of the Almighty as well. Afterall, were they not too people of the book? Should their followers not then deserve to be shown HIS presence? And why must the divine be restricted to fire and brimstone and Charleton Heston moments?

And yes, I tend to go with ehsan's interpretation of these "signs".
Hmm... What if the image of "Buddha" or "Ram" or "L Ron Hubbard" appears in nature, or toast, or a mickie dee french fry - how should we interpret these signs? After all "they" are not people of the book.

curiouser and curiouser

Edited on, April 10, 2005, 11:10 PM GMT, by Zunaid.
Well I do not know of a single such incident, but that could be merely because there are fewer scientologists than Christians and Muslims out there. Dunno about the 1st two, but if a Hubbard face appears on a tsunami wave, I'd swear the Good Lord has a sense of humor

Arnab dude, I think these images are more coincidence than anything but again, I am not going to dismiss that there _may_ be a divide touch in them. Dunno why conceding there is a bound to scientific knowledge would be considered unintelligent. Are you sure this Atheism of yours isn't a faith?

And ehsan, Arnab has never claimed he was a Muslim. He might have been born into a Muslim family, but he's been fairly consistent in his rejection of any divine being. He did once mention that his moral code consists of stuff he picked up from his Muslim upbringing, but that's not unusual of many born-again Atheists; keep the good stuff, reject the stuff that requires any non-science "mumbo jumbo".

Edited on, April 10, 2005, 11:28 PM GMT, by razabq.
Reason: argh.. typos will be the bane of my existence ...