View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 02:44 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Am I the only one who is curious about the SIX ICONS of the BPL who got $210,000 each, that only two of them made the Asia Cup squad? What does that tell us?

NO Ash, No Tamim, NO Alok, NO Nafees. The assumption is that the ICONS are the best Bangladeshi players. Yet within 19 days this theory has been blown apart. Only Ash (of the four that didn't make the cut) could argue he is in good form and on the basis of him playing well, could argue he is unlucky.

I'm thrilled for Anamul. I hope he gets the chance to play a major part and not simply get used as a late order batter. Anamul can open (DG used him in that role) and keep wicket so I would roll the dice with him at the top. I see Nazimuddin, despite a poor DPL and BPL, has been given that role. I wish him well and hope he can regain some form. Imrul had a disappointing BPL and looked out of touch, continually caught in the deep at midwicket. So I feel the team has to be flexible or creative against the new ball if Tamim is missing as an opener.