View Single Post
Old July 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Default Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Well definitely Sohel bhai won't come here and say who he's talking about. That'll be inappropriate. And obviously, from whatever I've seen from his posts earlier, he's not here to make a mockery of anyone without any reason. So it's definitely coz of someone who he had some interactions with that lead him to make sucha comment. Without knowing who it is, and what it is, take his post at face value, and reply accordingly.

From previous interactions with a few members, I do feel that some people think of religion before anything else. But it's a discussion I would like to not take part in.
Right you are K. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. Some of the extreme defensiveness is baffling to say the least, and I'm sure it may not be entirely the unpleasantness a term such as "sectarian" entails. However, I'm always willing to extend all the benefit of the doubt as required.

Sadly, this was not a trollish move on my part. I'm not one of those guys who levels accusations without due cause and certainty. No extrapolations here, scientific or otherwise. Our families have crossed swords since 1971 and the apple clearly hasn't fallen too far from the proverbial tree. Corruption, class violence and secterianism are social ills that have infected the thought process of many of the privileged in our society, especially during the last 20 years. Some us are trying to fight those social ills and that particular process here in Dhaka. Silence is not a part of the fight.

He knows who he is, and the fact that some of us know exactly where he's coming from.

However, I will not name names, he's probably a "young" kid who I pray will learn to deal with people on the content of their individual character and merit, and revisit 14 centuries of Islamic traditions of justice and the concept of fairness inherent therein. That said, I support his right to grow on his own. No thought-policing from this end.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 9, 2007 at 12:48 PM..