View Single Post
Old August 6, 2011, 02:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

~Ahadith~
Ramadan - Day 5

1. Narrated Ibn Abi Aufa:

Whenever a man brought his alms to the Prophet, the Prophet would say, "O Allah! Bestow Your Blessing upon the family of so-and-so." When my father came to him (with his alms), he said, "O Allah! Bestow Your Blessings upon the family of Abi Aufa."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 344)

2. Narrated 'Ikrima:

Ibn 'Abbas said, "Preach to the people once a week, and if you won't, then preach them twice, but if you want to preach more, then let it be three times (a week only), and do not make the people fed-up with this Qur'an. If you come to some people who are engaged in a talk, don't start interrupting their talk by preaching, lest you should cause them to be bored. You should rather keep quiet, and if they ask you, then preach to them at the time when they are eager to hear what you say. And avoid the use of rhymed prose in invocation for I noticed that Allah's Apostle and his companions always avoided it."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 349)

3. Narrated Warrad:

(the freed slave of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Al-Mughira wrote to Muawiya bin Abu Sufyan that Allah's Apostle used to say at the end of every prayer after the Taslim, "La ilaha illa-l-lahu wahdahu la sharika lahu; lahu-l-mulk wa lahu-l-hamd, wahuwa 'ala kulli shai'n qadir. Allahumma la mani'a Lima a taita, wa la mu'ta Lima mana'ta, wa la yanfa'u dhal-jaddu minkal-jadd.
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 342)

4. Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle said, "When anyone of you appeal to Allah for something, he should ask with determination and should not say, 'O Allah, if You wish, give me.', for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will.
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 350)

5. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "None of you should say: 'O Allah, forgive me if You wish; O Allah, be merciful to me if You wish,' but he should always appeal to Allah with determination, for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 351)

6. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The invocation of anyone of you is granted (by Allah) if he does not show impatience (by saying, "I invoked Allah but my request has not been granted.")
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 352)

7. Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet used to invoke Allah at the time of distress, saying, "La ilaha illal-lahu al-'Azim, al-Halim, La ilaha illal-lahu Rabbu-s-samawati wal-ard wa Rabbu-l-arsh il-azim,"
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 356)

8. Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Allah's Apostle used to say at a time of distress, "La ilaha illal-lahu Rabbul-l-'arsh il-'azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbu-s-samawati wa Rabbu-l-ard, Rabbu-l-'arsh-il-Karim."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 357)

9. Narrated 'Aisha:

When Allah's Apostle was healthy, he used to say, "No prophet dies till he is shown his place in Paradise, and then he is given the option (to live or die)." So when death approached him(during his illness), and while his head was on my thigh, he became unconscious for a while, and when he recovered, he fixed his eyes on the ceiling and said, "O Allah! (Let me join) the Highest Companions (see Qur'an 4:69)," I said, "So, he does not choose us." Then I realized that it was the application of the statement he used to relate to us when he was healthy. So that was his last utterance (before he died), i.e. "O Allah! (Let me join) the Highest Companions."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 359)

10. Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle said," None of you should long for death because of a calamity that had befallen him, and if he cannot, but long for death, then he should say, 'O Allah! Let me live as long as life is better for me, and take my life if death is better for me.' "
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 362)

11. Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Abi Laila:

Ka'b bin 'Ujra met me and said, "Shall I give you a present? Once the Prophet came to us and we said, 'O Allah's Apostle ! We know how to greet you; but how to send 'Salat' upon you? He said, 'Say: Allahumma Salli ala Muhammadin wa 'ala Ali Muhammadin, kama sal-laita 'ala all Ibrahima innaka Hamidun Majid. Allahumma barik 'ala Muhammadin wa 'ala all Muhammadin, kama barakta 'ala all Ibrahima, innaka Hamidun Majid."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 368)

12. Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

We said, "O Allah's Apostle This is (i.e. we know) the greeting to you; will you tell us how to send Salat on you?" He said, "Say: 'Allahumma Salli 'ala Muhammadin 'abdika wa rasulika kama sal-laita 'ala Ibrahima wa barik 'ala Muhammadin wa all Muhammadin kama barakta 'ala Ibrahima wa Ali Ibrahim."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 369)

13. Narrated Um Khalid bint Khalid:

I heard the Prophet seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of the grave.
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 375)

14. Narrated 'Aisha:

Two old ladies from among the Jewish ladies entered upon me and said' "The dead are punished in their graves," but I thought they were telling a lie and did not believe them in the beginning. When they went away and the Prophet entered upon me, I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Two old ladies.." and told him the whole story. He said, "They told the truth; the dead are really punished, to the extent that all the animals hear (the sound resulting from) their punishment." Since then I always saw him seeking refuge with Allah from the punishment of the grave in his prayers.
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 377)

15. Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Prophet used to say, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from incapacity and laziness, from cowardice and geriatric old age, and seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge with You from the afflictions of life and death."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 378)

16. Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet used to say, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from laziness and geriatric old age, from all kinds of sins and from being in debt; from the affliction of the Fire and from the punishment of the Fire and from the evil of the affliction of wealth; and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of poverty, and I seek refuge with You from the affliction of Al-Mesiah Ad-Dajjal. O Allah! Wash away my sins with the water of snow and hail, and cleanse my heart from all the sins as a white garment is cleansed from the filth, and let there be a long distance between me and my sins, as You made East and West far from each other."
(Bukhari: Book 8: Volume 75: Hadith 379)