View Single Post
Old March 10, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Twenty20 Draft Team Make up

Inspired by the Countdown to the Showdown vs. India on Forum Menu

You May not like it, you may love it but You have to Admit T20 is a very Unique Format, On Despite what some may think we suck at this format, we have a few players who can adapt to the fast nature of this format and then we have about 5 fliers who just make up the XI.

Our Ineptitude in this format was shown in choking away the gimmie win vs. South Africa, Where Failed to Win the Match only requiring 67 of 54 with 9 wickets in Hand.

I even have Trouble Selecting an XI that I would Trust not just to Win a Match or two but Have a real Run at the Trophy.

Tamim Iqbal
??????
Shakib Al Hasan
Mohammed Ashraful
??????
??????
??????
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

I got 6 players that I'd give 1st Class to Heathrow in June and I have a feeling who the other 4 is going to be and know Management is dumb enough put them in the squad, If those 4 players get on the squad I bet we Thumped by Ireland like this Ireland v Bangladesh A. There is only 1 player out of the 5 question marks that I think has some promise in this Format and that is Naeem but I'm on the fence.

Of the 6 players I would Trust, I don't think none of them need any questioning why they would make the squad. Of the 5 Question Marks this Is Who I think Management is going to select.

Naeem Islam: I wouldn't have a problem with him in the squad, His Bowling is a Plus and I think He has ability to take it the Opposition.

Imrul Kayes/Juniad Siddique
Mushiqur Rahim
Raqibul Hasan
Mahmudullah
Mehrab Hossian Jr

Twenty 20 isn't for everyone and It's not for the above mentioned. Besides Mithin Ali for Mushifiq I don't know anyone else who is going to replace the question marks. I kind of do but I wouldn't sit pretty with the Board of Directors of our Cricket Board and that of Indian one as well.

I'd rather ask people with knowledge of our Domestic League to pick put the Hard Hitters. Who would make your T20 XI?

Our Board Need to Bold and Experiment with players with High Hand Eye Coordination

Siddons Also Said that if the Pak Tour is Cancelled that they would fly to England Earlier and play a few matches. The Only advantage we have is that we will play all our Warm Ups and Group Matches in one Venue (Trent Bridge)

We have Warm up Matches vs Australia and Sri Lanka on the 1st and 4th.

Last edited by cricman; March 10, 2009 at 07:53 PM..