View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
just because its T20 doesn't mean we have to have all hard hitters as our batsman...even in T20 it is important to take singles and let the other batsman have a go from one end..and we all know how hard it is for our batsmans to pick up singles...rakib may not be a hard hitting batsman but he's go the ablility to find the gap and take singles and rotate the strike..having him in the team will give us some balance in our middle order...
The type of player you were describing is Shahriar Nafees (Abir)

BTW; Tamim and the Other Opener (Whoever it was) did that vs Australia and killed all the moment from the get go.

That Type of Strategy puts way to much pressure on the Batsmen (The Commentary of that innings)

Rakib and the others lack class/talent what ever you wanna call it at this stage of there career. They can't pick out singles, they get out to balls down legside that should be smashed for 6, they don't play with confidence or a positve mindset, I see look at the scorecards in Dhaka League and I see there Strike rates are less than 80% and they're coming in during the death overs.

I bet If we took Current National teamers and gave them 10 balls that could be run down 3rd man for a single the % rate would be close to 40%.

I'd Rather play with the Approach we did vs South Africa ... Still I don't Whats Wrong with Playing 17 overs @ 10 runs?

The 2 T20's vs SA we tried to consolidate and we threw away a winning opportunities. We tried the Same thing vs Pakistan and it Lead to a Massive Collapse. If you start out strong the opposition will give you 6 singles.

How about a more recent example remember we tried to consolidate from the very beginning vs Sri Lanka in the reduced ODI game? and Tamim almost ran out the entire top Order? We can't even run between the wickets properly, Shakib came out and did the smart thing dispatching width balls into the gaps. Instead of Shoulder Arming it or doing this try to defend a ball that won't even touch the stumps, Juniad and Tamim do this all the time. You can only get the so called singles when field is spread out, else every shot you play is gonna straight to a fielder.

The T20's that we've won it's been go out and Smash the day lights out of the ball, NZ, WI, Kenya.

I don't wanna see the next version of Farhad or Riad (Who's Suited for Tests, Same goes for Tushar) in the T20 Squad better yet the ODI squad.