View Single Post
Old June 25, 2005, 12:51 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Serious note:

Those who 'follow' Bangladesh cricket already know that there are several programs in place. You have the talent hunt in the club level, you have the PACER HUNT by BCB, their are various cricket clinics going on all over the place. Former players like Minhajul Abedin Nanu has his own clinic. We have good old fashined BKSP and the other schools breeding younger players. Could we do more ? Surely. We can urge BCB to set up a 3/2 day school championship or a 3-day championships for the Divisional sides with the divisional sides being picked from the top players of the inter-divisional sides. Bring back Dhaka League for the one-dayers and strengthen their commitment for a more competitive National League. These are some of the things that can be done.

IF you are serious, i'd suggest you sponsor divisional SCHOOL cricket championship for a few year in all the divisions with the top player being picked up by the scouts. During this championships, you can also set up a talent hunt so if the kids not going to school or didn't make the school team can still come in to show-off his talents. Best way to do this is to work WITH BCB.

Now, you can claim that whatever I said was exactly what you wanted, the thing is - it's being done right now. It just needs to be done right. INstead of going out there and create your own, why don't you offer BCB to help out with atleast one of the divisional developments. If you're successful with one, you can leverage it to take over another div and so on. You have to be very patient througout this whole process. You may go a whole year or two without unearthing a SOLID talent. By the way, you don't have to be rich, nor connected to get in. Anyone who makes a statement like that has NO IDEA about the background of our current national players and needs to get away from that mindset. BCB isn't perfect but they are far better then most of bd political/sports organizations.

One last thing about whatever I wrote here - I have been thinking about this ever since I was in High school back home and I am sure that thousands of other folks thought the same way. If you're serious, go back home and you'll find plenty of others who'd be willing to start something in a smaller (divisional/upazilla) scale. Keep us posted on the progress. IF you do it right, BC will cover it.