View Single Post
Old December 30, 2007, 02:31 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
actually on his eid days, ash can win us a match even if the other 10 guys score ducks.

the thing we need to get is:

1) ash increasing the frequency of his eid days
2) increasing the magnitude of the eid (a couple double tons this year will do)
3) getting the other guys (most notably aftab, SN, mushy, tamim, junaid, sakib) to become mini ash's of themselves (only aftab has the talent to become a near-ash)

if this happens we will rapidly climb the rankings charts both as individual players and as a team. I want this to be our and JS's goal to achieve by WC 2011.
C'mon 10 ducks? So if Ash scores 150 and rest score ducks, I'm sure we would win the match? Let's be realistic.

We need, in fact needed, contributions from other player to win those matches. You can hardly count on that based on their current performance. You might say they if Ash scores a big inning, the other players might contribute, but it's the other way around. Ash can't do that without support from the other players.

Looking back at the first ODI against NZ:

Mohammad Ashraful c Fulton b Oram 70

(57)

Fall of wickets 1-27 (Junaid Siddique, 8.6 ov), 2-39 (Aftab Ahmed, 11.5 ov), 3-136 (Tamim Iqbal, 26.6 ov), 4-150 (Mohammad Ashraful, 28.6 ov), 5-151 (Shakib Al Hasan, 29.3 ov), 6-151 (Mushfiqur Rahim, 29.6 ov), 7-154 (Mehrab Hossain jnr, 32.2 ov), 8-170 (Farhad Reza, 40.3 ov), 9-177 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 42.4 ov), 10-201 (Shahadat Hossain, 46.3 ov)

To lose multiple wickets in the space of a few runs does not smack of confidence and we have the result.