View Single Post
Old December 15, 2010, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I am the youngest member of my team, so is my wife. We have always maintained that our education will pay us in the long run - so far it has, Alhamdulillah.
I am gonna vouch for higher education is a mistake in this thread as well.

Kabir bhai, honestly speaking, there is a deep down respect I have for you because you've achieved something that most people can't dream of or is not capable of doing. Paying off that much loans doing tough work.

I wanna convince you that there are better ways than education to have a better living. You are well of right now because you are surviving on a COMBINED salary. Take only yours and then you come to this forum and tell us if it is possible to live like the way you are right now solely on that (assuming 160K is in loans not paid off because 99% of the ppl won't be able to pay that much money while in college).

Prove me wrong.

Now take an alternate route: take that 160K throw it in the market last couple of years - triple it.. take it out and open up a business! Sure this scenario needs a lot of luck and back to back successes (but you've A personality, you should be successful no matter where you go). And then do the calculation and tell me which would pay higher, better and give you more independence. Many paths can lead to successes... just because you took one path to success doesn't mean that is THE path.. there are probably (in fact there is) shorter and better path.

Last edited by iDumb; December 15, 2010 at 07:05 AM..