View Single Post
Old December 11, 2004, 12:33 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Maybe Fahmida can stand up for him?
Yes, I will still stand up for him. Although my reasons behind standing up for Sujon are different for Mushfique, but its nice to see the following quotes under a different topic.

Quote:
chacha has done more for BD cricket

Quote:
chacha has indeed done more than mushfique,
My reasons for backing up Mushfique:

Reason Number 1: Sujon is a veteran and Mushfique is just in his mid-twenties. So you can't expect Mushfique to do all the things that Sujon has done all his career.

Reason Number 2: Today Rana and Rafique came and score some runs at a time when the team needed somebody to save the face of the team, tomorrow Mushfique might come into the picture and do the same thing with the batting.

Reason Number 3: Within the first 5 overs of the day today, I heard tv commentators say that Mashrafee was holding his hamstring, I also saw him holding his spell, after bowling only 2 overs. Yes, Mashrafee did get to bowl more overs after that, and in a much more threatening manner, but we have been hurt by injuries to so many players, lastly Bashar, that I don't want to drop out a player just because we have our quickest bowlers back to the national team - fully fit.

Reason Number 4: And ofcourse, there is his bowling economy rate. We need a containing bowler sometimes, even in test cricket so that if things go out of hand, then somebody like Mushfique can come in and bowl some overs without giving too many runs.

However, having pointed out all those reasons above, I do feel that Mushfique needs to hear your comments (to be more specific, your galigalaj) so that he is under pressure to perform, even though he is certain to be in the 11-member team.