View Single Post
Old November 12, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Sohag and Sunny both needs to play. Playing with 4 full time bowler doesn't work in Test. Riyad, Nasir can bowl few here and there but they are not full time bowler. I don't think we should play Naeem at number 3, let him play at number 4. That's the position he has been scoring runs in, no need to change anything around. I would play Naeem instead of Riyad, and Zunaed instead of SN.
Actually in Tests, we see teams playing with 4 full time bowlers. For example, Australia is playing with Hilfenhaus, Siddle, Lyon, and Pattinson, then South Africa is playing with Steyn, Morkel, Philander, and Kleinveldt. India usually go with Ishant, Zaheer, Yadav and Ashwin. England goes with Broad, Swann, Anderson and Bresnan. So it's not uncommon to play with 4 full time bowlers. Since Shakib is basically a full time bowler, that's why we're seeing the team management batting up to 8 and then the rest are filled with full timers. I don't mind that but I feel we should not overwork Shakib the way we have. Let him focus more on his batting while Sohag and Elias bowl the bulk of the bowling.