View Single Post
Old August 10, 2009, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Okay let me clarify what I meant by shot selection/variation. It's the ability of batsmen to manipulate the field with diverse shots (basically equidistant rays of wagonwheel from the center). Those who think Ash got 'poor' shot selection may have misinterpreted my terminology because I reserved 'Playing ball according to it's merit' as 'shot selection.' Now, that - the latter ie 'reading' the ball and reacting- is poor for Ash.

Sorry for the confusion.
Thats OK. But in Cricket shot selection means what/how the shot will be played when/which ball. Like If the ball pitch outside the off stump in good length, the ball can be played

1. Leave the ball. (If ball goes straight or an out swing)
2. Defense the ball with full front footwork
3. Defense the ball with half calf front footwork (If the ball has got chance rise up)
4. Make an off drive (if you are in form and you can judge the level of swing 100%. it also depends on his confidence level.)

What Ashraful do, if he make an off drive in very first ball and get success he tries to make the same shot in every delivery outside the off stump pitching good length without judging the balls variation.

This is his main problem.