View Single Post
Old November 23, 2006, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Ref: Cricket_Dorshok's last post.

I dont want to speculate on whether DS is pro-India or not... but seeing this latest follow up I think its evident whatever allegation they levied on the Navy's procurement was effective enough to stop it, and expose those Corrupt practices! Corruption in and of itself EVERYWHERE (including for example the 6000 crore ($800 million+) allegedly siphoned off from Energy ministry) should be condemned, exposed, discussed so that there can be some rectification and steps for accountability at the end of the day.

Regarding the thread topic: I can understand Fazal bhai's criticism of the funding given to the army, but I am fully in agreement with Hatebreed. Our army is disciplined and very professional and a source of hope and relief when it really matters. it is ridiculous to call for its abolishment! Our country has bigger problems to sort out than to be whining on about the army's funding.
Yes, I agree with the 2nd part of your post.
Since some of BC members bradned DS as pro-India and anit-Bangladeshi. The report on the Navy pucrhces (followed by a correction report) was one of their proof in support their believes. However, I found this report is one of the ingredients that stopped some corruption.