View Single Post
Old June 8, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
You mean awesome absolute religious morality? As much as I dislike quoting Richard Dawkins, he answered it best.
Haha you know the Quran doesnt propose a 'complete' absolute morality, its ask for the reflection of oneself to approach situations.

The problem is Islam has been corrupted beyond repair, worldwide, thats why places like Saudi Arabia and Aghanistan have the worst human track record.

Optimistically the only path for Islam is a huge reformation of the religion. The first acts are to disregard hadiths that contradict the teachings of the Quran. are outdated in culture (I dont see anyone going to Hajj on Camels) or are simply illogical/mad.

Indeed fundemental Islam is a misnomer, because indeed the fundementals of Islam (the Quran) is the most liberal and biggest promoter of rationalism compared to the deviated sects of Islam

Logic and reflection are key elements of Islam

“[This is] a blessed Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded.” [Quran: 38: 29]

PS Its funny how Dawkins didnt really quote any practices from the Quran, killing apostates or executing adulterers is not Islamic. PERIOD

But then there's always the 'killing the infidels' quotes, that people take out of context .

Quote:
I guess since I don't believe in religion,I should go around killing people, stealing money, raping women, throwing acid on girls, because religious people, thanks to their awesome religious based morality, would never do that.
You dont have to a self-confessed muslim, to follow parts of the religion. If you believe that attacking people who have surrendered is wrong, then you believe in that aspect of Islam.

Last edited by Nafi; June 8, 2010 at 05:40 PM..