View Single Post
Old September 17, 2005, 04:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ekatturerBangalee
Quote:
Originally posted by Dream theater
We should never forget what we went through. The spirit of our struggle is what missing today among us
Thanks brother.

You know we have some “Smart Alecs” among us. You become monkeys if you favor diplomatic ties with Israel because of their human rights violation and continuing repression on Palestinians while it’s ok to forget the worst kind of genocide by the Pakis since it occurred 35 years ago. Duh!
I do agree with you to the extent that in this age we need to have great relationships with everyone. But I disagree that no Muslim country criticised or condemn darfur or Kurds.

In case of Darfur UN were not able to take action because of China. China did threat to use VETO in case of any resolution. Kurds were opressed and repressed under the watch of US and others. Saddam became a monster as a result of Western sponsorship. US and UK were mum when he used chemical weapons against Iraninas.

So its wrong and stretch of the fact that we Muslims dont do anything about killing of other Muslims.

Me like lots of other Bangladeshis who were born after 1971 wanted to see a lot of things in our country. Trial of Rajakars, Signature of General Osmani in the papers instead of General Aurora ( or even with Gen Aurora), a unified history of Independence war, lifelong support of Freedom fighters.

But a lot of those were not done and will not be done. Practically, we will have to at least fulfill the dreams of freedom fighters. feed our people, pull them out of poverty and make it as prosperious as they wanted. That is something that will keep the spirit alive.

You can not judge a group or nation by observing a portion of the group. That is true for Jewish people, same is also true for Pakistanis.

Edited on, September 17, 2005, 9:44 PM GMT, by Dream theater.