View Single Post
Old May 26, 2008, 03:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Don't really like football and haven't followed NFL since Bo Jackson, the 2nd greatest RB ever to play the game after Barry Sanders, called it quits.

That said, being a Northern Californian who grew up in suburban DC, I'm both a Raiders and a Redskins fan. I like the 49er too.

I AM excited about this Silver and Black season for the obvious reason -- DMac.

I've been into the Raiders ever since their Superbowl victory against the Eagles. Junkett and Lester Hayes way before LA ( :pukes_inside_the_mouth_a_little-bit: ), Marcus and of course Bo.

The Skins with Monk, Riggins, Nelms, and later Doug and Little Joe are still in my thoughts whenever I think of the NFL.

The Cowgirls ? Almost as much as I despise Razakars and the GOP, but I did like Dorsett and Randy White ... enough said.

So that I don't get the "Fareweather Fazal Khoncha" from Mijan, here are my teams, in order of importance: -

Quote:
1. NHL: Redwings and as a homer-thing, the Sharks. Like the Habs, like the Caps, like the Pens, can't stand Toronto and Chicago ...

2. International Cricket: Bangladesh, WI before SL won the WC. Pakistan ? NEVER !!

3. MLB: Oakland Athletics and the Giants. Like the Os and the Red Sox, can't stand the Yankees or the Dodgers, even though Sandy Koufax, alongside Roberto Clemente (Pirate) are my favorite players by a mile.

4. French, English, Spanish and Brazilian Leagues: OM, Liverpool, Barcelona and Santos. Can't stand Les Girondins, Selcheese, ARSEnal, Real Fascistas and ALL ARGENTINIAN TEAMS, even though Redondo, Riquelme and Saviola are some of my favorite players of all time.

5. MSL: The Quakes.Can't stand LALAS Galaxy.

6. International Rugby: France, New Zealand and South Africa. Can't stand England, Wales, Scotland and Australia.

7. NFL: Raiders, Redskins and Niners. Can't stand the Dumb@$$ Cowgirls.

8. NBA: Don't care.
Except for Bangladesh about 95% of the time so far, and the Sharks, it has always been about how they play. I have spoken the truth so help me GOD.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 26, 2008 at 04:13 AM..