Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2021, 11:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
did you guys read about what the WSB guys did to Gamestop Stock?
yes. This has to be illegal. Social media has gone so vast that it's unchecked. There are youtube stock guys with half a million followers that give out stock tips. Then thread with millions of eye, talking about concerted effort to move something. Even cintron research using twitter to announce their short positions should be ILLEGAL and sec has to crack this down. Because otherwise innoncent ppl will get hurt.

Quote:
Makes me want to try to put 5k in some blackberry calls and hope for the best.
depends how much money you have. If 5K is a chump change for u. do whatever the f you wnat. But it's a significant portion of your investment, you are playing with fire and gambling not investing. It may pay off and you make tons of money but no sensible person gonna tell you to go for that.

I mean you wanna put 5k in an out of money call?? u are risking the whole amount. But I see your appeal.... these WSB stocks they wanna manipulate have certain characteristics of virality...

They are well known companies - fan favorite at some time in ppls life
they been beaten to shitt
and they have some news that give slight positive movement for the stock.
And then when the stock hits trending tickers.. more eyes on .. and then everyone piles on.

Blackberry already being played actually. GME was classic (not over yet). Heartz car rental also come to mind. I don't doubt BB will move but I am not sure if you would be successfully able to nail your strike price...